If you’re in the process of building a home or already comfortably settled, outdoor electrical outlets are a great thing to consider for home improvement. Sure, it may seem unnecessary to have outlets outdoors – you already have outlets and all of your electronics inside, so why do you need electrical outlets outside? Well, having outdoor electrical outlets can be incredibly useful, and they can also take your outdoor space to the next level. Here are a few reasons why installing outdoor outlets is a great idea:
1. You can light up the night. Stringing up cafe-style lights is a great way to create a whimsical feeling in any outdoor space, and outdoor outlets can help you to achieve that look. If you grab a string of lights and put them up across your patio or deck, you will have easy access to turning them on and off by having an outdoor outlet. By stringing up these lights, you’ll create a fun way to light up your outdoor space during the night.
2. You can take outdoor parties to the next level. With outdoor electrical outlets, you can make your outdoor parties as great as your indoor parties. Consider electronic items, like speakers, that you plug in at your indoor parties. With outdoor outlets, you can take those fun items and use them outside.
3. You can use electrical equipment. When it comes to yard equipment, like leaf blowers, sometimes there is the option to have that equipment powered by either gas or electricity. If you’re partial to tools that are powered by electricity over gas, then outdoor electrical outlets can make those types of equipment available to you.
4. You can ditch the extension cords. Outdoor electrical outlets can cut your use of extension cords way down. If you’re used to using extension cords from an indoor outlet to get electricity outdoors, having outdoor outlets will eliminate your need for undergoing this bothersome process. And who wouldn’t want this? Wrangling extension cords can be frustrating.
5. You can show your holiday spirit. Hanging up lights on your home during the holidays is a fun way to be festive. However, it can be hard to light up your house if you don’t have a nearby outdoor outlet. Having outdoor electric outlets can make showing your holiday spirit much easier and can eliminate the need for long extension cords as we mentioned earlier.
All of the reasons listed above are great reasons why you should consider outdoor electrical outlets. If you think your home could use some outdoor electrical outlets, remember this: it is critical to install GCFI outlets when installing outlets outdoors. If you read our last blog post where we discussed GCFI outlets, you’ll know that these outlets are always installed outdoors or in other places, like kitchens, bathrooms, and garages, where the outlet could be exposed to water. When these outlets are exposed to moisture and short, they automatically turn off the outlet instead of tripping the breaker.
Think outdoor electrical outlets would benefit you? We know just the people you should call for quality installation – Blue Collar Electricians. Get in touch with us today and we can get your home set up so you can start reaping the benefits of outdoor electrical outlets.